Friday, August 2, 2013

My Top 5 Makeup Essentials


Simplicity might be beauty but I'm not going anywhere else without my makeup. Lol. I never leave the house lacking even the slightest touch of foundation or concealer. I feel naked without it. That's the thing about makeups nowadays, it's not just a want anymore; it has become a necessity to every girl's daily routine. That's why in this post, I want to share with you what my top 5 make up essentials are, hence, the title (you don't say lol).

Basically, if you cast me away in a deserted island, these are the items that would help me outlive. I sound too Survivor-ish, don't I? Lol. Well, not literally outlive, but unscathed at any rate. Girls, you feel me.




5.) On the fifth spot, I chose this Estée Lauder four-color eyeshadow palette. I'm not quite sure if they still sell this palette because it's an old and limited edition. It's actually from my mom. Most of my branded makeups are either from my mom or my aunts as I couldn't afford to buy one for myself yet! Lol. Or maybe I could but I don't really bother buying because I know they're always there to buy and give me makeups anyway (I just usually spend my money on clothes and food lol). Talk about the perks of having a clan of makeup buffs! Anyhoo! I actually have a bigger palette of this type, but with more shades to choose from. I really love this eyeshadow palette, though. Personally, I prefer this over the new palettes of EL because in this palette, you have every color you need for an everyday look (the light and dark "cappuchino" which I often use) and a night out look (the camouflage and ginger drop) in a small packaging. You can just play with these shades and you're good to go! 





4.) Top 4 on my list would be this Cover Girl eye enhancer in Midnight Jazz. This has been a huge help to me. I have really chinky eyes so I kinda fall short everytime when it comes to my eyelids. Lol. A single stroke of eyeliner doesn't usually have an effect on my eyes. So instead of putting a mound of eyeliner, I just use this as a substitute. I love how smoky my eyes look when I use this without really overdoing it!


3.) Third pick? This Cover Girl Clean Pressed Powder for Sensitive Skin from their Clean Collection. This powder is for girls with delicate skin. It's oil-free, fragrance-free, and nonacnegenic. I'd love to use this powder every freakin' time because of the "easy breezy beautiful cover girl" feel it gives if only it had not come with probably 1-2 shades darker than my complexion. Sigh. Anyway, if ever I want to sport a sun-kissed look, I know I can always rely on it!


For my top 2 picks... *drum rolls please*




Top 2 and Top 1: Benefit Playstick in Spin The Bottle and Benefit's Benetint lip and cheek tint! These are actually the newest addition to my makeup hoard and can I just say I'm already loving them! Whenever I put my everyday makeup, it always starts with a concealer/foundation and ends with a lip and cheek tint. Always. So can you imagine my happiness when Candy Blush Shop sent these? She is the sweetest! She is so approachable and friendly. Not to mention that the items she's selling are quite tempting too! Tempting like a candy! Thank you so much for these! If you're looking for good makeup finds, just click this link Candy Blush Shop and follow them on Instagram! Now who wants me to giveaway some makeup goodies? *wink wink*


This is not a perfect world where you get to have a perfect skin. Admit it, we all have flaws. Cosmetics are made to make us feel good about ourselves no matter what our imperfections are. If it's for your own good, why not luxuriate in them, right?


Xx,
Rina

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts about this post! :)