Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Go on and try to bring me down, but I will be rising from the ground.




When Maddi Jane announced that she’s going to release a cover of Demi Lovato’s “Skyscraper”, I got totally excited. I really love watching her YouTube covers, and I’m pretty sure anyone who knows her feels the same way. I can’t believe that I’m watching this cover of hers just now. SMH.  

 This song is kind of special to me, in a way that, it’s one of the songs which accompanied me when I hit rock bottom. Songs from Demi Lovato, Taylor Swift, Boyz II Men, Nsync, and Justin Timberlake all in one playlist – yep, my iTunes can attest to that. That playlist still exists, by the way. The songs I sorted in that list are just too poignant and pleasant to the ears to be removed. I got to admit, though, that I can’t help but get a bit emotional until now when I listen to these songs. There are times in which I would like to feel alone, listen to songs like these, and summon up the shortcomings that I’ve been through. It’s somewhat inspiring because as I recapture those, I also conjure up how I’ve surmount all of them. 

Anyway, so this cover of “Skyscraper” completely rendered me in awe. Maddi Jane is just so pretty; she’s like an angel singing her heart out. I feel so dumbfounded, like I’m being hypnotized. I don’t know if it’s just me or she’s just way too good especially for her age. Her version is exceptional that I had to rape the replay button. Without a doubt, she depicts a full-package artist who can surely make it even bigger in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts about this post! :)